Hello,
it's been a month or 2 that the 2FA hasn't been working properly on my bitbucket account. I have been using Authy for a long time but all of a sudden I keep getting the following error:
"you entered an incorrect verification code"
I now login by entering the emergency recovery key but it's getting cumbersome, I can't keep up like that forever, saving a new key each and every time.
I read a few posts on the community like this:
Bitbucket Two step verification code rejected
but none worked for me.
I followed the steps: I removed the 2FA and reconfigured it several time, I tried other 2FA apps such as GoogleAuthenticator, Authenticator, 2FAS Auth... But there's no way to avoid the "incorrect verification code" error.
I read a few posts saying it's a time issue. So I figured out it the error could have been triggered by daylight saving time. So I tried returning to standard time on my phone, but it didn't work. I also tried quite a few different time zones but none worked.
However there's a weird exception: when I login with the emergency key, there's a new prompt which asks for a two steps verification or for recovery codes. I type the Authy's code, and guess what, it works on that occasion. How can it be? It didn't work a while before...
Can anybody help me? What can I do?
Thank you in advance.