I have two projects. One is a company-managed project and the other one is a team-managed project.
Short question:
There's any way to keep the links between stories when we move a story, that has a Epic to it, to a new project?
How to simulate:
1. I have the following in the company-managed project:
EpicA -> StoryA
2. Then I clone the StoryA, which will create the ClonedA story. Now I have the following stories and links:
EpicA -> StoryA(link - is cloned by ClonedA)
EpicA -> ClonedA(link - clones StoryA)
3. Now I move ClonedA to the team-managed project and the following message is shown:
CMP-18 will lose the relationship with its parent epic.
You're moving this issue away from its parent epic. To avoid losing the relationship between this issue and its parent, move the epic issue as well.
Note: The epic relationship won't be lost when moving between classic projects.
ps. I do not want to move the epic.
In the following screens, it's not informed anywhere that I would be losing the link clones StoryA when I move it to the other project.
4. The ClonedA and StoryA loses its linked issues.
No mention on anything like that here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/#keepInMind
Important: The removal of the links does not happen if there's no Epic in story A.
Important2: This only happens on moves between company-managed and team-managed projects.