Can't create a new scrum board from a new project, only existing one. How can I solve this?
Hi @yech
Look at this post, maybe can help you
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-board/
Cheers
I'm not sure why you would expect to be able to create a board from something that does not exist yet. Could you explain what you are expecting in more detail?
I would want to create a new project and create a Scrum board for it. But I do not see the option to create a new project so I thought by creating a new board you could also generate a new project in that way. I am new to this so maybe I am missing something?
Boards are not project artifacts, they're independent of them, but they need projects to exist before they can be created, otherwise there is no way to tell the board which project(s) to look at.
Projects are not simple objects either, they require a lot of configuration, and the config of company-managed projects, by definition, is limited to administrators.
So, it's the other way around, you need to create a project, so you have something for a board to look at. And most of the project templates/wizards/walkthroughs help create a board to look at the new project you've created with them.
Hi Yech - Let's address the real problem, maybe. What trouble are you having creating a Scrum Project?
Hi John, I am not able to create a new project. So I think I might not have permission to create one. I will check with the admin and see if that is the issue. Thank you though.
Are you trying to create a Team-managed Scrum project? Or a Company-managed Scrum project?
And, yes, it sounds like your Jira Administrator needs to grant you permissions to create that type of project. :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.