My Json input file looks like this for testing minimal,
{
"info": {
"project" : "project"
},
"tests" : [
{
"status": "TODO",
"testInfoBean": {
"summary": "Automation Test",
"projectKey": "project",
"genericTestDefinition": "class-api.method-enablesomething"
}
}
]
}What is expected, following this formatting guide and the bottom of this page, is that by using "genericTestDefinition" a new generic test should be created if a matching case is not found with an equal genericTestDefinition.
"genericTestDefinition": "class-api.method-enablesomething"
What is observed is that, a manual test is created in our Jira/Xray instance.
Additionally, when I try to use the manualTestDefinition field, I can not create a successful case with the required step field. I only receive back an error stating: {"error":"Error instantiating bean. Field(s) tests -\u003e testInfoBean -\u003e manualTestDefinition do not follow the correct format.
where, again same reference, my JSON input is:
{
"info": {
"project": "project"
},
"tests": [
{
"status": "TODO",
"testInfoBean": {
"summary": "CreatedTestManual",
"projectKey": "project",
"manualTestDefinition": [
{ "action": "step1" }
]
}
}
]
}