Hi there,
I am creating a request type that requires numbers to be entered into fields. I was wondering if there is a way to create a field that automatically sums numbers from another field. I tried looking into 'custom fields' but didn't get very far. I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like.
Hi,
You can use automation to do this on the issue. Create the rule that will do the summation of both fields. Then update the 3rd field with the result.
Thanks for your reply!
I am new to Jira so I might need some more info on this...Do you mean creating a rule under editing workflow?
No, I meant automation for Jira. You will need to learn about smart values.
I would probably use a ScriptRunner for this job. There is many samples for similar calculations in the Internet.
Hi Grace,
You can use automation for Jira to update the issue and edit the variance field. The formula would look like this:
{{#=}}{{issue.customfield_16719}}-{{issue.customfield_17252}}{{/}}
where you would put the custom field ID for the Actual and Total Sales fields.
Example:
Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to make this happen without an additional app?
No, you need an app to do this, but the automation that John is describing is included in Cloud so you don't need to go find an app or enable anything.
Hi @John Funk Am I on the right track?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.