Due to space limitations for the question, I am providing my intended questions here in full: Will Confluence updates be able to convert files correctly from Word through all subsequent Confluence-to-Confluence conversions? Will Confluence continue to support all older versions without requiring conversions?
We converted a "Microsoft 365 Apps for business" Word file to Confluence a few months back. Microsoft updates are done regularly, so I don't have a version for the Word progra,. Word symbols such as right arrows did not convert at that time, though it looked like everything else converted correctly.
When I made some changes to that document on 5/19/21, there was a pop-up message indicating conversion to the new Confluence release would be problematic. Tables that converted from Word with no problem will apparently be deleted if I were to update to the new Confluence version, and the links that converted from Word to Confluence are now anchors that don't show the actual names of the links, which is definitely not helpful.
We want to use Confluence as a long-term reference base, so it is not helpful if this problem continues unless Confluence plans to continue to support all older versions without requiring conversions.
Can you help?