Hi, I am trying to add attachments while creating the issue using rest/api/3/issue? api.
{ "issueUpdates": [ { "fields": { "summary": "string", "issuetype": { "name": "Epic" }, "description": { "type": "doc", "version": 1, "content": [ { "type": "paragraph", "content": [ { "text": "string", "type": "text" } ] } ] }, "project": { "key": "SP" }, "attachment": [ { "id": "10003", "filename": "Jira.json", "author": { "self": "https://jb-saurabh.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user?accountId=5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c", "accountId": "5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c", "emailAddress": "saurabh.bhandari@jitterbit.com", "avatarUrls": { "48x48": "https://avatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c/46526343-ea20-4917-a41c-fcb740972a27/48", "24x24": "https://avatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c/46526343-ea20-4917-a41c-fcb740972a27/24", "16x16": "https://avatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c/46526343-ea20-4917-a41c-fcb740972a27/16", "32x32": "https://avatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/5c25230db393bf4ce955eb2c/46526343-ea20-4917-a41c-fcb740972a27/32" }, "displayName": "Saurabh Bhandari", "active": true, "timeZone": "Asia/Calcutta", "accountType": "atlassian" }, "created": "2021-05-19T12:37:24.332+0530", "size": 155883, "mimeType": "application/json", "content": "https://jb-saurabh.atlassian.net/secure/attachment/10003/Jira.json" } ] } } ]}
And I am getting the below error :
{ "issues": [], "errors": [ { "status": 400, "elementErrors": { "errorMessages": [], "errors": { "attachment": "string expected at index 0" } }, "failedElementNumber": 0 } ]
Can anyone please help me out to find the current payload
Thanks
Hi @Saurabh Bhandari
That is correct, you cannot add an attachment at the time of creating an issue. What you need to do is make a note of the issue key when you create it, then run another API call to add the attachment. I give some C# code in my answer to this post which may help you
thanks @Warren for your reply, But I am getting this attachment node when I request for metadata using rest/api/3/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=SP&issuetypeNames=Epic&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields for creating a issue
In response, I am getting node for attachment as :
"attachment": { "required": false, "schema": { "type": "array", "items": "attachment", "system": "attachment" }, "name": "Attachment", "key": "attachment", "hasDefaultValue": false, "operations": [ "set" ] }
I think this means we can have attachment data in create issue request.
Please correct me I am doing something wrong
@Warren Can you please check the above details. I am stuck in this.
Thanks in advance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.