Hi.
I'm using Email this Issue with JIRA SErvice management, and we want to ideally use this as a way to reply to customers (instead of the reply to customer comment option).
But I run into the problem that I want to have the email text added as a public comment on the issue (for customer visibility as well - else thread information is lost ) in order to trigger status transitions and SLA tracking.
BUT if I do so, customers get both the email plus the notification (via email) of the comment being added.
So I thought one solution would be to add the email tesxt as a comment but only for internal visibility, and then copy this comment text to a public comment with an additional prefix included in the text.
Then to use this prefix to define a connected rule that blocks a customer notification from being sent IF the public comment contains this specified prefix.
The alternative would be to have email this issue add the comment as public and include all comment details and use a standard text string from the header details to define a condition for if the customer notification is sent.
My questions are
1. how to copy the comment text via an automation rule - how to specify if the comment is internal or public in the query?
2. to remove the customer notification when the public comment is added, do I need to disable the standard customer notifications for JIRA service management and setup a new Automation rule for the customer notifications when comments are added to the project?
3. Is there a better way to fix the duplicated notification problem with email this issue?
Thanks for any tips!
Steph