Our JSD on cloud used to add customer replies to notifications as comments to the request. However this stopped working with no obvious reason.
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?
@Ufuk Fakioglu
Did you change anything related to the Incoming Mail Servers
Thank you very much for your response @Mohamed Adel
Actually I did not change anything related to Incoming Mail Servers and here is how it looks at the moment:
Does anything look suspicious?
Many thanks,
Ufuk
Sorry I meant to reply but it looks like I created an answer below
You are welcome @Ufuk Fakioglu
are you sure then that you are replying from the same email and the reply doesn't create new request ?
Yes, I make sure I reply from the same email and no, no new requests are created. Actually I started investigating after I noticed that no comments were created although a customer replied to notifications.
🙁
The only problem i can see and make no sense that you have 2 incoming email server . other than that i see no problem
Hi @Ufuk Fakioglu
from your screenshot it looks like the Jira "Core" mailhandler is used - in case you are indeed using a Jira Service Management project there is a different approach using "email channels".
In case I interpreted the screenshots right and you are not yet using "email channels" it would be an idea to use this approach.
In case you want to have a look I will link the documentation:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/
Regards,Daniel
Thank you very much @Daniel Ebers
Please note I don't want to use email to receive customer service desk requests. Therefore I don't use email as a channel for service desk projects.
I only want the basic Jira functionality, whereby an email sent to jira@pyksys.atlassian.net gets added as a comment to a Jira issue, whether Service Desk or Core or Software, if there is an issue key in the subject line.
This actually used to work until very recently. But stopped working for Service Desk projects for some reason. It still works for Core or Software projects.
You could try to remove the existing mail handler (noting down the settings) and insert it again. However, the email channel can do for you exactly what you requested - but I also see your point when you say it worked in a proper way in the past.
Hi @Daniel Ebers ,
Apologies I could not respond earlier.
I tried removing the mail handler and adding it again. I can comment on any issue I want (service desk or other) when I send an email from my Jira user email address.
However when I send the email from my service desk customer email address, it doesn't work. It looks like comments from emails stopped working for service desk customers. All of a sudden...
Would you have any idea why I have two incoming mail servers:
Could this be related?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.