Hi All,
I am trying to find a way so that I can store the value of original sprint when a ticket is tagged to sprint for the 1st time in a custom field. Is there any possibility to do so?
Hi @Ankita Chattopadhyay
You can do this using the built-in Automation, located in project settings under "Project Automation" for service desk projects, or just "Automation" for other projects.
You would need to 2 different rules to capture both transition types. The first rule for example would look like:Trigger: Issue TransitionedAction: Edit Issue- Select Start field from "Fields to set" and add in {{issue.Sprint.name}}
Thanks!
I would use automation but I would do it slightly different. I would have a custom field where you can restore the original sprint value. Then I would have a condition that checks if the custom field is empty when the sprint is field is updated (trigger). If it’s empty it would be the first time through and you would copy the original value from the Sprint field into your custom field if it was not empty it would do nothing.
Okay, I had the same solution but what should be the data type of of the field, text?
Good question to be honest I’m not exactly sure as I have never attempted to copy a sprint field to another custom field. It might be fine just using a text field depends on how you want to use it as well.
Thank you so much Vikrant, it worked like magic
I had few question around enhancing the automation rules so that the number of runs can be brought down as it is eating up the limits for a month. Any idea how the rules can be made more effective?
So Jack I chose a advanced field type of TEXT FIELD ( read only)
Reducing the interval at which a scheduled rule executes. For example, only execute a rule every hour instead of every 5 minutes.
Restricting your JQL query to only search for the issues you care about. For example, check that the updated time of the issue is within a certain range (updated > -1w to include only last week's issues).https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-service-limits/check prevention method give in above link :-
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.