I have a Software project that I want to create a new Issue type that is a "Bug Subtask". I have added that as per this guide but can't get it to reflect in the actual project. If I go into the project settings, I can't create a new issue type that is a subtask and it hasn't read that global setting. TIA
You've said Cloud in your question, but you've been reading a guide for Server/DC. For a change, this doesn't actually matter, as the principles might be the same.
On Cloud, we can create team-managed (next-gen) or company-managed (classic) projects. Server/DC only really has company-managed projects, and they're pretty much the same on Cloud and Server when it comes to issue types, so your reading was fine for them.
But my guess would be that you're in a team-managed project. These don't have issue type schemes and only support a single "sub task type".
Right, thanks. I've just found the little version selector at the top in the docs so that'll help going forward.
I am indeed in a team-managed project where I would like to add an additional subtask type.
So the cloud version of the doc doesn't say anywhere that it only applies to company-managed projects. It would be a shame if that were the case. Can anybody confirm please?
It's well buried, and mostly done by omission - the Cloud docs for team-managed projects just say "you can add a sub-task issue type with this box" and don't actually say "and no other types". The docs for company-managed projects do talk about the issue type schemes.
Thanks, what a shame! It seems strange that something so simple would be purposely (presumably) omitted from the team-managed projects. It seems like team-managed is limited to a certain restricted mould. It is hugely useful to be able to have a bug as a sub task to a story within a sprint...looks like we’ll have to look for a clunky workaround! Any ideas? Thanks again
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.