When I write instructions that need to be numbered, the list starts over with 1 if I include a graphic.
Example:
1. do this
graphic
1. then do this
How do I advance to number 2?
@Janet Shuey When I do this, I just start by creating all of the list items to begin with. If you then want to add a graphic between each one, hold Shift + Enter when your cursor is at the end of one of the sentences. This should create a gap for you to enter your image in, but without breaking up the lists into separate lists.
Does this work if it's an existing list with graphics?
@Janet Shuey Yes it should do, although it can get a little fiddly as you may need to click just before the image and hit backspace, then hold Shift + Enter to move the graphic to the next line without splitting the list up. The reason why I do the list items first is that it's easier to see where the list has been broken up, but you can do it either way round
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.