As I got to know we cannot add an attachment at the time of creating issue. So I am trying to add an attachment to existing Issue.
The below code I have got from the already attached attachment of existing Issue. Do I need to give all the parameters below for POST?
My rest api code looks like this below:
POST URL: https://tataunistore.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/Demo-230/attachments
"attachment" :["0" :{"self" :"https://tataunistore.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/attachment/548084","id" :"548084","filename" :"Capture error.JPG","author" :{"self" :"https://tataunistore.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user?accountId=6087d419c210c1006ca122b2","accountId" :"6087d419c210c1006ca122b2","emailAddress" :"bindiya.naik@tcs.com","avatarUrls" :{"48x48" :"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/73f5ab93004a3907a708c0ebc8f463f8?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FBN-1.png","24x24" :"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/73f5ab93004a3907a708c0ebc8f463f8?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FBN-1.png","16x16" :"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/73f5ab93004a3907a708c0ebc8f463f8?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FBN-1.png","32x32" :"https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/73f5ab93004a3907a708c0ebc8f463f8?d=https%3A%2F%2Favatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net%2Finitials%2FBN-1.png"},"displayName" :"Bindiya Vikram Naik","active" :true,"timeZone" :"Asia/Kolkata","accountType" :"atlassian"},"created" :"2021-05-14T15:54:54.850+0530","size" :50038,"mimeType" :"image/jpeg","content" :"https://tataunistore.atlassian.net/secure/attachment/548084/Capture+error.JPG","thumbnail" :"https://tataunistore.atlassian.net/secure/thumbnail/548084/Capture+error.JPG"}
Hi @Bindiya Vikram Naik
No you definitely don't need all those.
I implemented the code as per the answer by Jeff Caron in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11886316/how-to-post-attachment-to-jira-using-rest-api and it works perfectly
sorry I could not understand.
What parameters I need to share when doing it thru REST api, What should I send payload? not clear with that. or rather how do I send the file to be uploaded in payload.
I also get below error:
An unexpected error has occurred: (SyntaxError) : Failed to execute 'setRequestHeader' on 'XMLHttpRequest': 'multipart/form-data' is not a valid HTTP header field name.
Below is my C# code (in it's simplest form, with no error checking) that I use to add an attachment to an existing issue.
It is called by passing in the issue key and the FileInfo version of the file
AddAttachment("ABC-1234", fname);
public static void AddAttachment(string key, FileInfo Attachment){HttpWebRequest request = null;string fullURL = @/rest/api/3/issue/ + key + "/attachments";var boundary = string.Format("----------{0:N}", Guid.NewGuid());var content = new MemoryStream();var writer = new StreamWriter(content);var fs = new FileStream(Attachment.FullName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);var data = new byte[fs.Length];fs.Read(data, 0, data.Length);fs.Close();writer.WriteLine("--{0}", boundary);writer.WriteLine("Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"file\"; filename=\"{0}\"", Attachment.Name);writer.WriteLine("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");writer.WriteLine();writer.Flush();content.Write(data, 0, data.Length);writer.WriteLine();writer.WriteLine("--" + boundary + "--");writer.Flush();content.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);request = WebRequest.Create(fullURL) as HttpWebRequest;request.Method = "POST";request.ContentType = string.Format("multipart/form-data; boundary={0}", boundary);request.Accept = "application/json";request.Headers.Add("Authorization", "Basic " + GetEncodedCredentials());request.Headers.Add("X-Atlassian-Token", "nocheck");request.ContentLength = content.Length;using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream()){content.WriteTo(requestStream);requestStream.Close();}}
If this (or what you're using) doesn't work for you, you'll need to show some code and details here so someone can try to understand what's going wrong for you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.