I want to be able to share epics created on one board within a JSW (call it the master board) and have those epics available on the epics panel within all boards w/in that JSW. Is this possible or are Epics tied to only one board. Thanks
Hi JD - Epics are not created on a board, they are simply created against a project.
So you have have a master board that shows Epics from multiple projects by creating a filter that does that. It would look something like Project in (ABC, DEF, 123) and issuetype = Epic
If you have 3 boards within a JSW, and you create the epics on the epics panel on the master board, they do not show on the epics panel for the other 2 boards. How do I get the epics panel to show the epics that were created within the epics panel on the master board on the other two boards? I do not want to create a filter to show the epics. I want to see the epics in the epics panel across all boards within the JSW. I hope that helps clarify things a bit.
The other two boards have to have the projects associated with the Epics included in the Filter for the board.
For example; Master board shows Projects in (ABC, 123, DEF). And an Epic is created against ABC project (ABC-1). Then if you want the epic to show up in the board for Project 123, you have to include the project in that boards filter.
Something like Project = 123 or (Project = ABC and issuetype = Epic)
It is the same JSW.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.