I have a custom Jira field. I updated the description and it is not showing the update. I followed the steps in this article and still didn't work
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/changes-to-custom-field-descriptions-are-not-visible-on-the-create-issue-screen-in-jira-server-833986770.html
Also, I only see the description when I create a new ticket. How can I see the description when I edit an existing ticket?
Have you updated the description for the custom field in both the Custom Fields screen and all Field Configurations that apply to the project(s) where you want to see the new description?
Hi!I had the same problem. For me this comment solved it:
"The workaround of accessing field configurations through project settings works.
Project _____ Settings > Fields > Edit Pencil > Find Field and "Edit" > enter description"You can find the whole description on this issue:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-60803?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel
Hi Sandra,
The link you provide is for Jira Server. But your deployment type on this question says you are using Cloud. If that is the case, then the Server information won't apply.
Can you describe what you have done to try to change the field description?
Hi John, yes I'm on the Cloud instance of Jira. I created a custom field. I need to change the description and my updates are not being applied. I also updated the Field Configurations.
Hi Trudy, yes I updated the Field Configuration value but I'm still not seeing the updated field. When I create a ticket or edit an existing ticket, I would l like to see that description value.
Can you share a screen shot of your field configuration?
Hi John,
I attached a screenshot of the Field Configuration and Description.
Thank you
Sandra
Worked for me. Thank you
Just encountered the same issue (sorry for the necro thread), and found I had to update the description of the custom field directly, and then also in in every single field configuration scheme in which the custom field was available, before it would change, not just the ones related to the project in question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.