Hello,
I cannot remove Jira add-in from online Excel, it opens each time sheet is refreshed.
I have deinstalled it but it opening each time page is refreshed it is really annoying for the whole team.
I'm not the only user with this issue
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/remove-jira-plugin/d8149609-2cd6-470f-87c8-ab05fcadfec3
https://www.reddit.com/r/excel/comments/j7vf0s/how_to_remove_jira_addin_from_excel/
Please advise
Regards,
Milica
@Milica Popovic @Laurent Braconnier
Did any of you reach out to Atlassian for assistance? What was their advice?
Because the Addin is controlled by administrator, I solved it by saving the xlsx as xls and after this again as xlsx. This removed the Jira Feature.
Hi @Milica Popovic In Excel online, there is no option to disable or enable plugin. You need to check with your Messaging team or IT team who is the Admin of O365.
FOr disabling addon from excel , first open Desktop App or Click Open in Desktop App , Click Files >> Options >> Addin >> Select COM- Addon >> Untick JIRA addon . If not able to see JIRA addon in Com-addin then select excel addon >> unticket jira addon.
Thanks,
Vikrant Yadav
Hello @Vikrant Yadav ,
Thank you for your advice, unfortunately IT department notify me that they cannot remove addon.
Unfortunately the since the Addons were enabled by your end it can only be disabled from your end, IT doesn't have rights to do thatWe do not see anything about that option
Unfortunately the since the Addons were enabled by your end it can only be disabled from your end, IT doesn't have rights to do that
We do not see anything about that option
This makes sense to me, as I was the one who added this addin.
Expectation is that I can also remove it, if I could add it.
I have downloaded file locally and still has a issue with popup.
Your addon attached itself for the file and it cannot be destroyed.
This file is important for my team, used frequently during the day, by more than ten people and they all experience the popup issue.
Please advise on next steps
Hi @Milica Popovic If the Addin is installed then it must be visible under My Addin.
Click Insert >> Select My Addins. If JIRA Cloud for Excel is visible. Click three dots and select Remove.
If not visible in my addins >> Then first click Trust this Addin then follow the steps mentioned above.
First Login O365 account and then in new tab open following URL, it's is showing Get it Now, it means plugin is not installed.
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200000556?tab=Overview
No resolution, issue is still present
Here is screen share video where all steps are followed.
https://we.tl/t-zP5azwcBZl
Regards
My team is experiencing the same issue, and this is on a client deliverable, so it is important that the add on is removed.
@Ella Pestine @Levente Szabo _Midori_ I have the same issue so have logged with Atlassian support.
I'm not actually a Jira user (or Atlassian customer), I just happened to click that Jira button and now its got its claws into my file!
@Paul Francis
Thanks for chiming in here! Please keep us updated on their reply if it's not too much to ask.
@Ella Pestine @Levente Szabo _Midori_ @Laurent Braconnier Just heard from the license support team saying it sounds like I need some technical support and asking I confirm my support / contract details - I've said again how I'm not a user or customer, I just happen to have infected an Excel file having accidentally clicking on the Jira toolbar icon in Excel.
For Excel 365 desktop application for Mac:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.