I am unable to create a new project, I am admin of the account so it shouldn't be a permissions issue.
This is what I see...
Hi Charlotte,
What do you see when you click the Projects menu option? Do you see Create Project under there?
Also, check the Settings > System > Global Permissions to see who can create a project.
What type of admin are you; organization or site?
And are you a member of the "administrators" user group or the "jira-administrators" user group, or both?
I am admin for both the organisation and site.
And I'm part of the site-admins group.
Nothing comes up when I expand the Projects menu. I don't see a create project ni here.
I am admin for both the organisation and site for the product.
However, I can't seem to get to Global Permissions? But I am on JIRA Cloud so I don't know if thats a different user journey to get there.
This is everything I see under the settings tab.
To be able to create a project you must have the Administer JIRA global permission, as per
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-and-edit-a-project/
In order to access the Global Permissions screen you must be a JIRA Administrator and a JIRA System Administrator.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/managing-global-permissions-828787760.html
You acquire these permissions be being a member of specific user groups; "administrators" and "jira-administrators"
https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/create-and-update-groups/
As a Site Admin, you may have sufficient permissions to modify your own user account and make yourself a member of those user groups. Since I am already a member of those groups and an org and site admin, I'm not able to test that theory.
You only have site admin permission. You need to be a Jira Administrator to see the System permissions and create projects.
Thank you, I have managed to add myself as Admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.