Hi there,
I am trying to understand about JQL API. I have gone through https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-jql/#api-group-jql.
I understood JQL a query to filter out either issue or user or project may be using simple JQL or complex JQL query.
And just to understand its behavior, I am trying to access the project as follows /api/rest/2/search?jql=project=Demo
Can we use JQL in v2 APIs? if Yes, then what all API are there where we can use the JQL query parameter?
Please let me know.
Regards,
Nishant
@Nishant Sharma
What are you trying to achieve exactly?
JQL is the way to search for issues in Jira. There are basic queries and there are advanced ones.
Why are you using rest api?
Best,
Fadoua
Hi @Nishant Sharma Instead of using JQL in REST API, i perfer to create filter and filter id, which is easy to use. If you still looking to GET JQL result via API then below video can help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxBnqdF3-A
Thanks,
Vikrant Yadav
I just want to understand how JQL queries work using rest API.
For more knowledge you can explore this :- https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-jql/#api-rest-api-3-jql-autocompletedata-get
Thanks, @Vikrant Yadav I have gone the share youtube link and reference doc link.
It was quite helpful.
I am confused on the Jira API for JQL. Are we suppose to use /rest/api/2/search this API to query any types of data like issues or users or projects?
ok I understand that sometimes we need rest api, however searching for issues using JQL let you create powerful filters, dashboards, and reports.
You should mainly focus on understanding how to write powerful queries. Then it is up to you if you want to use rest api.
Hi @Nishant Sharma The latest version of the Jira Cloud platform REST API is version 3, which is in beta. Version 2 and 3 of the API offer the same collection of operations
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.