If a user selects product A, I'd like a label to get created as "ABC-Product A." This will allow me to filter for products from the backlog view in a team-managed project.
Hello @Brittany Cohen
Welcome to the community.
Have you looked at creating an Automation rule for this?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/
I would use Automation for this. It should be straightforward and something like this...
trigger - issue updated
condition - if/else and check for each value of the field then use the action to add label
Hi @Jack Brickey I currently have the above setup however is there any way to Add a label of whatever the custom field's text is? If someone had the label as a checkbox list of user personas say "Salesman", how can I get the label added with text "Salesman" to the issue?
Thanks
I’m currently without Internet so can’t really test things out on my smart phone. Have you tried just using an action to edit the issue and copy field value of the custom field?
I did actually successfully do that however it lead to another dead end.
Now the labels take awhile to even show up in a search of the labels, and when they do they are not listed as an option and selecting them does not work. It claims the filter is applied, then nothing happens, and viewing the labels actually shows they are still all applied.
Let me show you:
You can see the number of tags on this test issue. In the list of labels, "Dylan" is not present, until you search for it.
When I do search for it, it appears:
Upon selecting it, and hitting apply, it says filter applied but none of the epics are filtered (look at the numbers in the swimlanes, the epics themselves are censored)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.