I've configured my company's projects (permissions, issues, components) and boards (columns, statuses, etc) a specific way and would like a way to copy over all settings into a new project.
When I create a new project, even if I choose use shared settings, none of the settings actually come over. Also, there is no board either. If I don't use shared settings, a board will be created automatically. Either way, I need to go back and manually update all settings.
We are using Jira Software, the Standard Plan.
Steps that I take:
1. Create project. Choose Scrum
2. Pick company managed project template
3. Enter a project name and selected "Share settings with an existing project"
4. Choose a project whose settings I'd like to duplicate
At this point, my project is created, but none of my components came over. I also don't have a board in this project, so I have to go back to another project to access the boards dropdown, create a board and assign it to my new project. But this board doesn't have any of the same columns or settings (filters, labels, etc) as my other boards. So I have to manually add those as well.
Am I missing a step here? I am confused as to why when I select share settings, none of my settings are actually shared.