I am using a service account and have the use case of creating ticket and comments on behalf of another user via REST API. Currently, I am unable to figure out any API example or way to do the same.
Hi @AVNISH ANAND -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You may want to search in the developer community for ideas about this topic:
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/
Best regards,
Bill
Hey Bill, with all the due respect, that's a pretty useless answer as the general community is now so bloated and full of out-of-date answers that it is not particularly easy to find anything there.For other people finding this question, here is how far I made it, maybe it will help somebody, or maybe somebody could kick me even further:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post describes vaguely how to create an issue.
1) First, follow the beginning of that description to get to a point where you have your user credentials
2) Then, replace the xxx with your actual values, and run:
curl --request GET \--url 'https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/createmeta' \--user 'xxx:xxx' \--header 'Accept: application/json'
-> it will tell you what are the `issuetype.id`, `project.id` numbers you want in the next step.
3) Run
curl --request POST \--verbose \--url 'https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue' \--user 'xxx:xxx' \--header 'Accept: application/json' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"update": {},"fields": {"summary": "Main order flow broken","issuetype": {"id": "XXX"},"project": {"id": "XXX" },"description": {"type": "doc","version": 1,"content": [{"type": "paragraph","content": [{"text": "Order entry fails when selecting supplier.","type": "text"}]}]},"reporter": {"id": "XXX"},"labels": ["test"]}}'
Update #1. Changing the `reporter.id` to `reported.email` makes the API call go through, and the issue is created, but the requester is Anonymous.
I could attempt to create the user, but that would definitely mean I need to use API key with significant access. I don't wish to use API key that can manage my Jira users.
Hi Jan, with "reporter.email" I get "anonymous" in the ticket
@Jan Klan @Adrián Eduardo Giacometti Brussolo did you find a way to use the API to create tickets on-behalf of existing users?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.