We have a company managed project based system with an established method of requesting access for new users via email outside of Jira (requests need to be submitted by the project manager with the specific details of the project the user requires access to). I would like to know if it's possible to turn off the ability of users to request access for themselves or other users from Jira directly (i.e. triggers the emails "XXX has requested to join Jira" or "XXX needs YYY to join Jira"). These are creating a secondary means of requesting access without providing sufficient information to actually give them access and we then have to waste time going back and forth trying to get the details we actually need to set them up.
Hi @Nancy Pacitto
I believe you can disable "user invites" which removes the referral option from users, but once a link is out it is valid for 30 days. Please look here for details: https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/specify-how-users-get-site-access/
There is an open suggestion to add a feature to disable all access requests, which you may watch here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-11002
Best regards,
Bill
I think that's exactly what I needed. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.