I have entered a user story as EPIC because I cloned it; but need to be updated to Agile Story
Hey Sherrill - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You can do a Move on the issue to change the Issue Type.
Click on the 3 dots menu in the upper right of the issue and select Move.
Welcome to the community!
From the tools menu on the issue, select "move", it will ask for a project and issue type to move the issue to. (Probably just leave the project as it is?)
I want to keep the nomenclature, first 5 letters of ticket number; this changed it to default nomenclature; is this doable? sorry, not understand your directions totally.
Did you change the project when you did the move? Or just the Issue Type?
The first few letters of an issue key are the project key. To retain them, don't change the project. The numeric part after the - symbol are a sequence. This also won't change if you remain in the same project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.