How to Remove the "None" option in a "Cascading Pick List" field in Jira Service Desk
Hi @Juan carlos espinoza,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In order to remove the none option you have to set a default value for the field and make it required. You can also achieve this if you use Scriptrunner.
Hello, I already put a default value and made the field mandatory, but I still get "None" in the options of the cascading selection list field
How can I remove it with ScriptRunner?
Have a look at this thread on how to remove the none option using Scriptrunner, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Possible-to-remove-none-in-custom-field-list/qaq-p/260718
Edit template file "atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\edit-cascadingselect.vm"
Remove both instances of this line from the file, then restart JIRA.
<option class="default-option" value="">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>
You can get rid of "none" for multiselect and simple select as well, by removing this segment:
#if (!$fieldLayoutItem || $fieldLayoutItem.required == false)<option value="-1">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>#else#if ( !$configs.default )<option value="">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>#end#end
from select
and
#if ( !$isFrotherControl && $fieldLayoutItem && $fieldLayoutItem.required == false)<option value="-1"#if (!$selectedValues || $selectedValues.empty || $selectedValues.contains("-1")) selected="selected"#end>${i18n.getText('common.words.none')}</option>#end
from multiselect.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.