I am using Confluence Confiforms IFTTT macro to create a JIRA issue. My problem is a custom field in Jira that has a "/" slash in the field name (ie. component/s) I can't figure out how to include this field slash in the macro. Everything I tried generates an error becasue of the slash. I have tried escaping using <esc>/ but that doesn't work either.
Hi
Where do you have and need for a forward slash? In JSON mapping between Jira and ConfiForms?
Alex
The slash is in the No Format section of the IFTTT:
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "MPAS" }, "summary": "[entry.Summary]", "description": "[entry.Description.escapeJSON]", "labels": ["ProjectIntakeRequest.escapeJSON"], "Component/s": ["Stardust"], "issuetype": { "name": "Story" } } }
Here's the error I get:
Components are not set by "name", but as every other field in the JSON mapping it needs to be set by internal name.. which is "components"
See also some other answer on this https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-set-components-in-Jira-REST-API-5-x-while-creating-a/qaq-p/529155
I need to mention also that the custom field 'Component/s' is already define in the story screen. So error message is confusing.
It is not confusing really, as it tells you that this field is not on the screen - and this means it is either incorrectly referenced or missing indeed.
See my previous comment - in your case it is incorrectly referenced in the mapping
Should be "components"
Please show me how the syntax would be in the No Format below:
"labels": ["ProjectIntakeRequest.escapeJSON"],
"Component/s": ["Stardust"],
where I am assigning the field Component/s a value of "Stardust"
I think you still misunderstand what I am saying... instead of
you need to put
"components": ["Stardust"],
Alex, thank you.
However, still not working...getting this error:
Here's my code:
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "MPAS" }, "summary": "[entry.Summary]", "description": "[entry.Description.escapeJSON]","labels": ["ProjectIntakeRequest.escapeJSON"],"components": ["Stardust"], "issuetype": { "name": "Story" } }}
Please have a look at the answer I have linked earlier - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-set-components-in-Jira-REST-API-5-x-while-creating-a/qaq-p/529155
It is all there - you are setting the field incorrectly...
Should be
"components": [{"name":"Stardust"}]
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.