We would like to configure our burndown chart to use the original estimate field for time estimates provided on the subtask level in a nextgen project. I am the project admin, but not a Jira admin.
Anyone know how to do this in a NextGen project? I only see "Issue count" and "Story points" in the "Estimation Field" select list for the Burndown Chart in our project. We track our progress by creating subtasks with time estimates. Team members update the "Orginal Estimate" field with the time remaining as they progress through the subtasks. Subtasks that move to "Done" status should also have their original estimates automatically set to 0, but that part is a nice-to-have. It's imperative that we be able to see subtask original estimates as the Estimation field in our burndown chart.
Seeing a lot of arguments in other threads about the "right" way to track progress. I think people forget that Agile and Scrum are frameworks, and the "right" way to track progress is the way that works best for your team and business, imho, and this is the way that I've experienced provides the best realtime burndown. Oftentimes, stories won't close until near the end of a sprint, and the reality is that stories change in scope and may roll over as discovery and implementation progresses. Using story points or issues remaining does not reflect day-to-day activity or progress for our team.
Please help!
Josh