Hi, Has anyone done a data import from Mingle?
I don't see an existing entry for Mingle Import into Jira.
You would need to export data from mingle into a CSV file that could then be massaged and used to import into Jira.
Thank you Jack.
Have you actually done a mingle migration? if so, any helpful guidance would be appreciated.
Hi @Salman Khan
to be honest, I feat the probability of meeting Mingle to Jira migrated user to find here it a bit low - but you should never say never.
Best to proceed like Jack said is from my opinion to extract/export data from Mingle (if the solution provides that) and to learn, re-test, try do doing the import into Jira.
From an experience with other source system you would need a few tries until the result fits what your team needs to see.
Please refer to the details on:
The data that Jira expects (the structure of the CSV file) is always the same, no matter from which solution you are coming from. However, there are a few specialities that are described more in detail in the documentation and you would need to check if Mingle exports everything in a manner that can be imported right away into Jira using CSV. If not, some kind of adaption (mostly search & replace in the CSV file) would be a needed task which comes on top.
Regards,Daniel
Did you ever end up importing Mingle data into Jira? I have some exported .CSV files from Mingle and am considering trying to import them. Looking to hear about your experience if you tried it.
Thanks,
David
Hi David,
In the end I didn't have to, I passed the above info to the team from where the request came from. I would have loved to find out but that team doesn't exist anymore!
Kind Regards,
Salman.
Hi Salman,
Thank you for the response, I sincerely appreciate it!
I have looked through the files that I have, and do believe that I can do it. Fortunately, it is for a project with only a few users and less than 250 stories in total, so I do not think that it will be too difficult.
For what it's worth, I will report my findings once complete.
Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.