I'm new to Jira, and my team is looking to use this system as a project management software. To do this, we'd like to have a Gantt chart function (i.e., Roadmaps); however, we'd also like to use the company-managed project structure for some of their features. I am currently running the free version until our department's procurement office can set us up with the standard paid version.
I've been doing research on showing the Roadmap in a company-managed/classic project, but the options to enable it are not there. The Jira Support Page says to enable it from the "Board settings" by locating the Roadmap Tab. As the actual Project's Board doesn't seem to have options that I could find, I went to a board created through the "Your Work" tab in the top menu. However, my tabs don't list Roadmap. The tabs I have are only these: General, Columns, Swimlanes, Quick Filters, Card colors, Card layout, Working Days, and Issue Detail View. I have also ensured that my board filter is only for a single project, and I've checked for both a Kanban board and a Scrum board.
The template project I'm using (Project Management) has the "Timeline" feature, but it does not appear as robust as the Roadmap feature, especially in that I cannot re-order the issues on the list or show their connection to their related Epics.
Any ideas for what to do here?