I don't see this option as listed in the help documentation.
Your instinct is correct - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html for the list of things that are restricted on Confluence Cloud (custom css is buried in the middle)
There is no official way to use custom CSS, but there is a workaround. As part of the Content Formatting Plugin (included in Confluence Cloud), you have the CSS macro. You can embed this in one particular page, or you can also include this for all pages in a space/instance by including it in the space/instance header/footer options in the following format:
{css} //CSS code goes here {css}
You can also add CSS to the Styles field of some macros instead of using the CSS macro.
Didn't work for me; I put the following in my header and footer and it apparently gets overridden by something in Confluence Cloud during page load; element.style goes back to #515151
{style}#title-text{color: red}{style}
{css} is no longer a valid macro in Confluence Cloud
It seems that CSS in the header/footer does not longer work in the new layout.
Does anyone have a solution for this instead adding the css-macro to every page?
Possibly: in talking with some managed hosting providers, one mentioned they would theme our site based upon this add-on -- which is compatible with Atlassian Confluence Cloud: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.refinedwiki.confluence.cloud.refinedtheme/cloud/overview
Kerching.... $$$
Why are these things restricted ?
Is my money somehow worth less than a corporate blue-chip ?
Most things that are restricted in Cloud are restricted because Atlassian support do not have the time, money or will to support it when a user gets it wrong.
A lot of the restrictions have been implemented based on the volume of support calls received that lead to lots of time chasing down configuration mistakes on server. CSS was one of the more expensive ones.
If you find apps which do theming and allow CSS, that's fine for support, because Atlassian have low-cost routes to fix it - they turn off the app and if the problem goes away, it becomes the customer and app vendors problem, not theirs.
Then perhaps I should cancel my subscription entirely and seek an alternate online cloud solution.
Any content tool such as this should at the very least provide custom CSS support and configurable classes placed on elements.
Seems to me like the excuse of "excessive support" simply suggests that cloud solutions are not viable. You can't simply remove functionality because user's get confused. It just needs better documentation to allow the users to not get in a mess to start with.
It seems that in the current cloud you can put this into the footer code and it works.
{style} code { color: #c0341d; }{style}
This is kinda hacky - I would very much prefer the unsupported macro warning to be on the footer input form in admin, not when it's rendered, but I can hide that for now and kinda understand why it's there.
FYI; I've omitted that code to hide the warning, if you know what you're doing you'll find it yourself - if you don't know enough to be able to do that I'd wager you're probably in the group that caused this feature to be disabled with support requests...
Hi!
Using the footer to hide the sidebar doesn't work for me, but if it works for you I'm sure I did something wrong. Can you verify that it works?
I can confirm that it does work, though if you do this any issues arising from it are going to be all your own fault and Atlassian support probably will be less helpful when they spot that. I would definitely not recommend you do this, hiding the sidebar will cause all sorts of pain for your users in addition to the above.
That said, I played around a bit and found the following;
It will depend on the particular template that you used to create the page - I noticed that new pages seemed to work but some older pages don't seem to have the Footer/Header rendering at all.
Recommend that you check with some text that your page template is rendering the Footer.
You also get a nice warning message if it's being rendered telling you exactly how much support you'll get if you do this.
Thanks for this!
So I suggest you add in this part too. It will hide the warning message you get.
I posted this into the Footer.
{style}[class^='SpaceCustomSettingsBlockComponent_unsupportedMacros'] {display: none;}
code {font-family: Monaco,Menlo,Consolas,"Courier New",monospace!important;font-size: .75rem;line-height: .75rem;white-space: normal;color: #e01e5a;padding: 2px 3px 1px;-webkit-font-variant-ligatures: none;font-variant-ligatures: none;tab-size: 4;-moz-tab-size: 4;-o-tab-size: 4;-webkit-tab-size: 4;background-color: #f7f7f9;border: 1px solid #e1e1e8;}{style}
I'm raising a support ticket to ask how to change link colours in Confluence spaces that appear in service desk portals.
Guess the cutting support thing doesn't work entirely.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.