Hello,
Something changed today and now I have to click the options -> See Old View option every time I open a ticket. The new view is way too confusing and feels like a scavenger hunt to find settings that should be right in front of me. I remember a setting to persist the old view without having to click that Old View button every time. How do I get that setting back?
Thanks
Hi Alan - yes the old view is gone as far as it being able to be set as a default. You can access the way Jack describes or you can actually tack on this code at the end of the URL
?oldIssueView=true
You can’t disable it like he used to be able to. There is a setting under your avatar called personal settings and in there you’ll see your labs but it will give you a message telling you about the transition to the new Issue view.
Until they disable it, you can even make a Chrome "bookmarklet" that automatically appends the query parameter to any URL:
javascript:(function() { window.location = window.location.pathname + window.location.search + "?oldIssueView=true" ; }())
(To use that code, create a bookmark of any page. It works best if you put it on your bookmark bar. Then edit the bookmark, replacing the URL with the code above, and the Name with something like "Old View".)
Wow, thank you for that response! That is fantastic. Sanity restored with one easy click per page. Thank you so much @John Funk @Darryl Lee
Hey Alan - if this solved your question, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!
Yes, I know. Thus the reason I'm here complaining about this crap. Currently I still have the old view while everybody else seems to have the new view. Terrible
It didn't work for me, when I try to save the bookmark, I get the warning that the url is invalid
I discovered the error, the correct url would be
replace '&colon' by colon character
You can redirect browser to Old Issue View automatically every time when you open JIRA issue URL by using following user script:https://bitbucket.org/andrey-legayev/jira-cloud-force-old-issue-view/src/master/
It's implemented for Google Chrome + TamperMonkey extension.
Feel free to post bugs in BitBucket Issues - I'll try to fix them
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.