We have a lot of different workflows in our projects. I am about to clean up in most of them.
I noticed some projects have more than one "green"-status - i.e. a status where resolution field is set to "Done".
Examples from one project are:
- Status = Done & Resolution = Done
- Status = Won't Fix & Resolution = Done
- Status = Can't Reproduce & Resolution = Done
I am considering to change all that to:
- Status = Done & Resolution = Done
- Status = Done & Resolution = Won't Fix
- Status = Done & Resolution = Can't Reproduce
The intention would be that all issues that are "Done" will have "status = Done", and then using the resolution field to tell how it is done.
But I am not sure which of the two solutions is the "best" or the "right" way of doing this.
Is there a correct way or a best practice for this?