Background:
Our current project is the latest in a line of historical projects over the years. In 2019, we had ProjectA, which we closed down in Aug 2020, and moved everything over to a new classic project Project B. In January 2021, we moved to the classic project Ecomm Old. In March 2021, we created a new next-gen project Ecomm, and moved everything there.
The problem:
We've been running on the new next-gen project for a few sprints and our reporting has none of the historical data from before we created the next-gen board -- even though the next-gen board also contains all the tickets from ProjectA, ProjectB, and Ecomm Original. I am most interested in the team velocity but I am also interested in the burn-ups and burn-downs to see the historical data for scope creep and effectiveness of our estimates.
The new project doesn't have any of the old reports, but neither do any of the old projects.
The question
Based on my investigation below, it seems like many of the tickets created in previous projects may not have been properly attributed to the later projects -- particularly the current next-gen Ecomm project.
How do I regain my historical reports from previous projects on my new next-gen board?
In the interest of keeping my original post short, I am cutting out some details here and adding them as the first response to this post.