Let me start off by saying I know what I'm about to describe is not Agile. At present, I cannot change this. In the future I might be able to, but in the meantime, I am looking for a technology solution in Jira that can help.
With that being said, I have workflow where once Development/QA is done with their work, issues move to a second testing team that reviews the work prior to Done. We split this across two sprints, a dev "sprint" and a testing "sprint". Right now, no development takes place during the testing sprint, so I track the work by combining the two "sprints" into one Jira Sprint. That break in development is going to be going away, and I need a way to track the work through the workflow while a dev sprint and testing sprint are both active in Jira.
Can I do this through two boards in the project, a dev board and a testing board? Is there a way to split one workflow between two boards so that it looks like the work is done for one sprint and ready to start for the next sprint?
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but this is the best way I can describe the issue.
Thanks in advance!!