Hello!
Jira Admin newbie here.
We have created a new project with 5 issues (s/shot below with 5 issue types).
My problem is twofold;
Hello @Arne Pulle
Welcome to the community.
I do not see any screen images in your post. Can you attach some to show what you see?
Are you working with a Company Managed or a Team Managed project?
Hello Trudy!
Thank you.
Apologies! I thought I had.. let me try again.
Answering your second question.. Company managed..
Your image for the Create Issue dialog is incomplete, I think. I can see the field label for Issue Type, but nothing below that.
1a. Can you show us the Issue Types Scheme associated with the project? This information will show under Project Settings > Summary.1b. Sub-task will not show up on the Create Issue screen, because a Sub-task can exist only as a child of another issue. You must start on the parent issues screen and select the Create Sub-task option that display directly below the Summary.
2. Which three fields specifically are showing up on the General tab that you want to see only on the Deployment tab? Can you show us the screen configuration for the Deployment tab, as well as images of the create screen that show the General tab and the Deployment tab?
Thanks for the response!
I've done more testing and it looks like ALL company-managed projects are impacted by my mistake. Team managed projects are not impacted/i can create issues there without hitting this required field.
1a. screenshot attached!
1b. you are correct: You will see I have Epics set up.. with the thinking that down the road these will be used.. Interestingly, 'Epic' does not show up in the drop down for Issue Type anymore..
2. Approver 1, Approver 2 and Approver 3. These are required for the Deployment tab. They show up whenever I create an issue across any company managed project (despite the field not being available on other company managed projects.. ) My hunch is i've somehow amended the default screen for company managed projects to include these mandatory field(s)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.