Hello,
I am trying to build algorithm which will auto populate some certain custom field from parent to child issue (from Epic to Story and to sub-tasks). Please can you advice what rules have to be applied? Thank you,Iana
Hi @Iana ,
Here is an example of how to implement your requirement.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Copy-field-value-from-Epic-to-child-issue-with-automation/qaq-p/1421943
Cheers, Kevin.
Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your help. Anyway, in my case it is still not working When issue created or edited I need to populate a custom field value from parent to sub-task (existed or newly created) and from Epic to Story. I've added a screenshot bellow, please can you check it and advice what is wrong? Many thanks!
Hey @Iana ,
Happy to tell you that after few attempts, I was able to figure out a solution. Attaching the pictures below for your reference. Please replicate the same to "Copy custom field value from an Epic to Story when a Stroy is created". Hope it helps.
-Kevin.
Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.