When closing a sprint, the system tells me that there are still 36 issues open, even if the status of the issues is "Done". I have read about how to fix this problem, but I cannot update the resolution. How to solve this problem?
In Jira only when an issue resolution is set the issue is considered to be completed. There are few ways how you can set resolutions to issues, you can use post-function to set issues resolutions when it moves to the last transition, or you can manually update the resolution while keeping a transition screen at the last transition, or you can set up an automation rule to set resolution when transitioning the issues to particular status or you can set up the resolution via board by choosing "set resolution" in board configuration.
Hi Rob,
Welcome to the community. Can you tell us a little more about your project (company managed or team managed)? In the workflow transition to Done, is there a post-function to set the resolution, or are users required to select one?
If the answer is no, then we'll need to set a transition to either set a resolution, or allow a resolution to be set.
We can then use bulk edit to set perform the transition and appropriately set the resolution value.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers, Jimmy
Hi Jimmy,Thank you for your quick answer. I read about this post-function. But can you please tell me how to add this post-function? I am not able to find this post-functions at the workflow transitions.Cheers, Rob
The project is team managed.
Hi Kevin,Thank you for your quick answer. I read about this post-function. But can you please tell me how to add this post-function? I am not able to find this post-functions at the workflow transitions.Cheers, Rob
Hi @Rob Versluis ,
As it's a Team managed project, there are no such fields as resolution once the issues are moved to the Done column on the board, the sprint can be closed.
Cheers, Kevin.
I have attached pictures for your reference.
That is the problem. The issues are in column "Done" but when I close the sprint the system is telling me 0 issues are complete.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.