I'm trying to close an Epic by selecting "Mark as Done" in the backlog. However there is no drop down menu on the side in the Backlog screen. Can someone please help? Thank you!
Dear @Wei Wang ,
welcome to the community!
Marking an epic as done is no status transition but simply the modification of the custom field called "Epic Status". It's set from "to-do" to "done".
To perform this, you need at least the project permission "edit issue".
Can you please open the epic in another browser tab (extend epic by clicking on '>', then middle mouse click on issue key link).?
Can you then edit any field of that epic?
So long
Thomas
Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the suggestion. Please see the screenshots below. I can edit the epic (this is a personal project where I'm the only owner), but I don't see any custom field called "Epic Status" in the 'configure'. How should I fix this?
"Epic Status" is hidden. There is no need to display it on the issue screens. The agile board will make use of it anyway.
You can explicity add it to your view by
Project Settings > Screens > Epic > Operation:Edit (click on screen link)
This will make your Epic "mark as done" when you set the value manually. But I have no clue, why you can't set the epic status in the backlog of your agile board.
Thanks again @Thomas Deiler but I'm not sure if I'm following. I'm not even seeing "Screens" under the Project Settings. This really baffles me.
For those who have the same question - I've figured it out. The problem is my project is a team-managed project. By switching to a company-managed project, it solves the problem.
Perfect! Butr to be honest, marking an epic as done should also work in team-managed projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.