Is there a way so my links open pages in a new window or tab?
Hi,
We do this on our instance but only with links leading to external sites. Just copy and paste the code below into the "At end of the BODY" Custom HTML section in the admin area. I gave two examples depending on what you you want to do.
<script>
AJS.toInit(function() {
AJS.$("a").attr("target", "_blank"); <-- if you want all links to open in a separate tab
AJS.$(".external-link").attr("target", "_blank"); <-- if you only want links to external sites to open in a separate tab
});
</script>
To piggyback on what Alex said, see Atlassian's Confluence documentation on How to Force Links to Open in a New Window.
You also may want to consider voting on the feature request mentioned on that page to add this as a native feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11194
Meanwhile, some Confluence plugins offer this functionality via built-in macros. For example, Brikit's Theme Press (disclosure: we are a Brikit customer which is why I know this) offers a Open Links in New Window macro (one of many included macros in that plugin - see the full list).
Thank you for the info~ I voted, and saw Adam's message from April, so it looks as though they are still working on it?
David, Yep, that appears to be the case as it is marked as 'In Progress' but it appears to be on the way. That's a good thing!
Then 1st one works great to open links to other Wiki Pages and the 2nd worked for external sites. Thanks!
I would be really greatful if you could come up with one to open links to attachments on a new tab
I found another way to do it since my company won't add even a free plug-in.
This one looks great: https://confluence.atlassian.com/spacedirectory/view.action
***
Edit the space stylesheet:
Space Admin > Stylesheet
add the following:
a {target-name:new;target-new:tab;}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.