Hi Jira Team,
I'm about halfway through my 30-day trial for BigGantt and starting to think it may not be the right tool for what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm hoping someone with Jira can advise me on whether I'm setting the app up incorrectly or point me to an app that better fits my team's needs.
Here's some context:
I have multiple teams whose work lives across multiple Jira Projects. The type of work I manage for them is almost strictly done in Waterfall fashion. I have a lot of beautiful, complex automations set up so that when one card/task gets moved to done on one board in one project, the next team's card/task auto-populates on their board (often in another project), complete with checklists, unique components for KPI-tracking, etc., etc.
While our automations and workflow are on-point, our current challenge is visibility -- individual teams aren't seeing the impact they'll have on the overall project deadline without the aid of a Gantt chart, which is why I have been manually updating one in Google Sheets these past few weeks. I was hoping BigGantt could replace the need for that spreadsheet (and I was especially drawn to the fact that you can easily adjust the items within a BigGantt chart to reflect deadlines being moved up or pushed back), but I'm finding that it doesn't function as I envisioned. Namely, it seems that the only way to create a chart in BigGantt is to create all of the cards/tasks upfront, which renders my team's intricate card-populating automations moot.
This brings me to a few questions:
- Is BigGantt the right tool for what I'm trying to accomplish?
- If so, how do I set up my chart without all of the cards being made yet and then link the cards to the chart once they auto-populate later on?
- If not, can you recommend a better Jira app for our project forecasting needs?
- Would it be possible to set up a meeting with someone from the Jira team to discuss and/or demo our options?