Hello Jira Community,
I have been tasked with configuring Jira for a business, that is new to agile and Atlassian products. I am trying to configure Jira in a way that is Simple for task management using Epics, Users Stories, Tasks; suitable for new users of Jira to understand; Flexible and suitable configuration to eventually integrate to Jira Service Desk.
I would be keen to get peoples advise and opinions on the best way to set up Jira Project Boards and any pitfalls we might encounter, based on the following options I am considering below.
Option 1
- Separate Project Board for individual teams: Analysts, Development, Warehouse
- Each would have the following issue types epic, user stories, tasks.
- Epics to split out projects, Project A, Project B etc and duplicate across the 3 project boards for the teams
- Create a Master project to create Kanban Board to view all tasks across the 3 project boards (Analysts, Development, Warehouse) along with dashboards as well.
Option 2
- One Project Board
- Component - Split by team Analysts, Development, Warehouse.
- Epics would be used to split out projects, Project A, Project B
- Set up multiple Kanban boards for the teams, Analyst Board, Development Board, Warehouse Board.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks