I am implementing a Automation Rule that requires to list in a comment in the trigger issue ONLY which linked issues under a specify "Types" of linking; which the Branching rule / related issues was applied.
The part that perform the action on the Linked Issues has been implemented.
But I need to add a comment in the trigger issue about which issues were "synchronized".
Unfortunately I cannot find precise information in JIRA documentation for smart values about the use of this smart value {{issue.issuelinks}}
Here is which combinations I have tried and the results I get, but I cannot fin the ones that for a specific Types of linking for example "is caused by".
- {{issue.issuelinks}}
- List all linked issues to the trigger issue (no matter the type of link)
- Types "blocks" is listed first in the list, then is blocked by, then clones, etc.
- Repeated linked issues are not listed (which is good)
- {{issue.issuelinks.Issue}}
- generates the same as in 1.
- {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}}
- list issues which link is "blocks", "clones"
- {{issue.issuelinks.first.outwardIssue.key}}
- List the first issues which tpye is "blocks"
- {{issue.issuelinks.last.outwardIssue.key}}
- {{issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}
- List linked issues which types are "is blocked by, is caused by, is...." together.
- {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}
- List types "blocks" and "clones"
If I want to list ONLY the ones which link types is "is cause by", how to set the smart value?
I found that the "order" on which the issues are listed for example first blocks, clones, etc.
Depends on how is sorted in the configuration
##YOUR##.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes!default.jspa (there is defined which are Outward and Inward).
As well I found that using
{{issue.issuelinks.get(0).Issue}}
{{issue.issuelinks.get(1).Issue}}
I can get position 0, 1 from all linked issues to the trigger issue.
But not yet how to list ONLY the ones that are from a specific Types of linking.