Is it possible to make a custom field not editable in a Jira Custom Screen during a Transition?
Scenario:
Is it possible?
Not directly. The point of a transition screen is to ask the user to fill in or update fields. So if you put a field on it, it will be in edit mode.
I don't think there's a way to do this with read-only or scripted fields either - they don't appear on transition screens because they're not editable.
The closest I think you can do is have a "throwaway" field. Create a new field that goes on the transition screen, use Automation or a script to create content in it (just copy the value in 'user-evaluation-about-solution' whenever it changes), and tell the users that there's no point editing it because anything they put in there will be discarded.
Or use the field directly, but put a validator on the transition that says "if they change the content of the field, reject the transition"
Thanks for help! I'll use the 'throwaway' filed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.