We're having the issue that users cannot close the tickets because they get this error. It seems when they enter a comment and then click on the close button the error comes up. If they refresh the page before they click the close button it works. Seems something odd with the session handling.
That is a reason description coming from a validator in the workflow, something your admins have added. The language in the red error message is not the way the Atlassian phrases their warnings, so I suspect it is a custom validator.
Your admins should really put in a more informative error message, one that tells you what you were doing wrong.
This warning / error doesn't come from us.
It's a validator warning/error and it's not a standard off-the-shelf message.
Check the validators on the workflow transition for "close", you are going to see someone has added one there.
Unfortunately, it didn't answer it. I was checking and removed / re-added the transitions. There are no validators maintained for any of the transitions but I am still getting this error....
the thing is, I want the customer to do this transition that's why we show it in the customer portal in the first place. AND I can make this transition if the user doesn't enter a comment before clicking on the Clarified buttonI clearly think this is a bug....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.