For example when Im trying to add this link I can do so and it looks good in editor but on publish it replaced with #
https://example.eu/_plugin/kibana/app/kibana#/discover?_g=(filters:!(),refreshInterval:(pause:!t,value:0),time:(from:now-15m,to:now))&_a=(columns:!(_source),filters:!(),index:b3b32890-7eee-11e9-a6a1-65a0bf1a4a68,interval:auto,query:(language:kuery,query:''),sort:!())
@Artem Mozgovoi Welcome to the community. The link you are adding has characters that are not allowed so Confluence removes them and provides the # link. I believe this is to prevent cross site scripting.
Hello there @Artem Mozgovoi!
Interesting behavior! I tried to place the link you provided in my site and it works as expected. I used it "raw", with no display text and also with display text:
Edit mode View mode
Edit mode
View mode
With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:
How do you insert the link? Does this happen with other links as well? Would it be possible for you to take screenshots of the result in both edit and view modes of your page?
Let us hear from you!
Hey Diego, thank you for answering. Have you tried to click on that new link? It also displayed as correct link for me but it navigates on /# route as confluence replaced it on publish
Can you advice some workaround maybe for this case? Is it possible to have link with special characters?
@Diego I also tested the link and it was fine until I published as well. Once published the link reverts to # which is the same behavior I have seen if you try to input JavaScript. I believe that your application is trying to prevent cross site scripting and this link does not work because of how it is formed.
is there some known workarounds for that?
@Artem Mozgovoi None that I know of or Atlassian would have a security vulnerability. I guess you could create a bitly link and use that instead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.