I'm just wondering if there is any way to see which cases keep coming in JIRA queue
Most popular cases example VPN issue ,Teams or Outlook.
You would need a searchable field like a select list of the common types and an 'other' option. You could have the reporter select it or whoever initially works on it could set it.
I don't like labels because there is no control of what people type.
I don't get exactly what you mean sorry, are you talking about the filter or something else?
My manager wants to see the most popular cases.
How are you recording the data that a case came from a particular place? A custom field? Components? Labels? Issue types? Project?
I'm recording all the data on a particular project, in this project, we have 3 queues och and some filters which show resolved ticket last week or resolved ticket by a specific person.
I want to see what are the common issue which keeps coming in a particular project
Do I need to check the summery ?
example summary !~ "VPN issue " ?
I don't know what you should check - you have not said how you are recording where a case comes from. If you want to find, sort or group issues by where they came from, you have to have something that tells you where they came from on the issues.
Most of us would do it with a field, but you could also be inferring it from data. If you're going to infer, you'll need to tell us what the rules for inference are (for example, "if Dave is the reporter, we know it came from the HR department via email because that's all he ever does")
As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said you need to either be recording or inferring. If inferring from the summary, like you mentioned I don't know how you would build a filter to catch all the variations people may put in the summary.
I will start with creating Labels and tag them with issue type or issue name for new cases. but for the previous cases, I'm still not able to handle them in this scenario I need to gå through all previous cases and tag them.
Then I will start with creating a filter for these labels.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.