Hello, new here. We've a long time subscription but started using Jira seriuosly only recently.
Main rpoblem is that it seems that dcoumentation and forum answers are referring to features no longer avilable. A simple example is about users groups and roles: I can create Groups but I just can assign users to default Roles. Is it possible to create new Roles? Everywhere people is suggesting to user roles instead of groups but how can I do this?
When I go into a Project settings and want to add people I get a role, Tester, which is nowhere available when I ceate a use or edit it to reassign the role.
I need to do this: give access to customers so that they can create new bugs issues (only bugs!) to an existing project and cannot see anything else. They can see the bugs and their follow up but nothing else. How can I achieve this task? thank you very much!