Hello
Is there a way to mark or classify an agent as absent so that if they have open requests that get replied to while they are on holidays these can be handled with an auto reply, and then other agents notified to take over via an automation rule?
What I want to do is this:
When one of my agents go on holidays, not to have to transition a status but setup an automation rule that for all the issues where they are the assignee do this:
when the reporter (or request participants) make a comment,
an auto reply is sent to the reporter and all request participants informing that the agent is on holidays and someone else will help them meanwhile.
Would it work actually to define a group that is called e.g. "vacation" and add agents into this group only when they are absent?
Then put an IF clause on the automation rule that "IF the assignee is in group "vacation" - then the rule is activated?
I am in a nextgen JSM project so if anyone can help me with some concrete ways to setup these criteria correctly for the IF conditions that trigger the notification being sent that would be super helpful 
also related question: is it better here to use the action "Add Comment" or " Send Email" to notify the customer?
If I use " Add comment" and specify that is public the reporter gets this as an email anyway, so it should be enough right? I find that send email is perhaps less personal and I also struggle with having less variables that can be added to create the autoreply text.
Thanks for all suggestions!