I've encountered this behavior several times, and I'm still struggling to understand what I'm seeing. When I clone an issue, the clone is placed in a clone of my current sprint. Specifics:
Cloned a bug this morning. Our current - active - sprint is 2021.s8. The bug we cloned was in sprint 2021.s7. The new bug was placed in sprint 2021.s8. When I opened my story board to see the contents of my sprint (anticipating seeing the newly cloned bug), the new bug was not there.
Having seen this behavior before, I went to the Backlog view, and now I see TWO sprints identically named 2021.s8; one sprint contains all my team's other sprint work, the other sprint contains only the newly created - cloned - bug. So, I dragged the new bug into the active sprint of the same name, and now the bug shows in the current sprint... and under the backlog view, I no longer see two sprints of the same identical name.
What is going on??