There seems to be no way to simply specify a date. What I want is something likeproject = XYZ AND status not in (backlog, cancelled) AND date = 2021/04/14 GROUP BY status.I can only find createdDate or updatedDate but those obviously can't help.
JQL is for finding issues, not reporting on them, it's not SQL.
For your "group by", you need to be looking at the reporting method, not the question of what issues to fetch.
Jira has a very simple gadget that does this, which you can import into Confluence.
Run a search for the issues you want (project = XYZ and status not in (backlog, cancelled) should work fine, but "date =" makes no sense. What date?), then use the saved search in a "filter statistics"gadget that has "status" as the field to group by.
Well, what I actually want is to find a set of issues that are in a given set of statuses (ie. not in the backlog, and not resolved) on a given day. It does seem that such an apparently simple thing is indeed a bit beyond the pale for JQL, which is why people use things like scriptRunner. I would suggest that "date" makes perfect sense, given I could have "updatedDate" or "createdDate" ... and I've seen some examples with the "on" predicate or "endOfDay" function which are close to what I want. And I don't want to use gadgets - due to JIRA's very limited reporting capabilities, I do in fact want to export the data to a spreadsheet ... for reporting!
and yes, the group by I can do in the spreadsheet ... it's really the date function I need.
No problem finding "issues in status X", but "date" is still not defined.
Created, updated, commented, goes through a specific transition, and, and, and
JQL has some useful functions around dates, but they can't work with "on a given date", they need to know what date you are looking at.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.