I need to "reset" the status of an Issue from DONE to TO DO.
The same thing for all the subtasks that are related to it
Hi @Joseph Cohen
When you clone an issue (by going to 3 dots menu on top right) you have further options to Clone sub-tasks, Clone links and Clone sprint value. When clone the issue and the sub-tasks statuses are reset to-do.
Ravi
If you're looking to do this for one specific set of tasks/subtasks, you can do with so with a bulk action, or just using the CLONE option.If you're looking to do this regularly, I would suggest writing an automation script to do it instead -- but that's a bit more complicated and might require explanation.If you look in the "..." menu for any particular issue, you'll see "CLONE" as an option, which also will give you the option of cloning the subtasks:
Hi,
I want to clone issue with its subtasks, but I do not see any further options to Clone sub-tasks, Clone links and Clone sprint value, as you guys mentioned above when I click "CLONE" option.
What is the reason for that? Is it because of that "modify reporter" permission?
thanks.
Hello @wei zhang - The cloning dialog is specific to the issue you are on - so if there are no sub-tasks or no value in the sprint field (in that ticket) it won't ask you if you want to clone those with the ticket.
Thanks, @Chris Buzon
Now I see.
What I want to do is that I need to duplicate /copy an epic (with all the stories and sub-tasks underneath this epic). I searched other posts. It seems we need another addon/app to have this feature.
"Clone sub-tasks" does not appear in the clone menu anymore.
Hello @Joseph Cohen
I don't know if you still encounter the problem, but if you do, you can have a look at our app Elements Copy & Sync that allows you to copy issues with all their content (summary, description, custom fields, comments, attachments, etc.) and their child issues.
You’ll be able to easily clone tasks and their related subtasks.
Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.
Kind regards,Clara
Hello Community. I am trying to use Deep Clone to clone a structure that has 4 layers (Initiative, Epic, Story, Sub-task). When setting up the clone preset, I get an error for not populating the Sub-task Issue Type. There are no values to choose from in the drop-down. I assume it should be 'Same As Original' but it does not give me that choice. Any thoughts? Thanks, Thayne.
Hello @Thayne Munson,
I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.
Could you reach out to out to our support with that issue? We are happy to help to solve your problem.
Check the destination project to ensure that it has the sub-task issue type available (I assume it doesn't, which is potentially why the option does not appear)
Thanks Chris. I think that was the problem. When I moved the app from the UAT sandbox to prod it worked fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.